Friday, July 22, 2011

A Still Small Voice

There are moments where a thought will pass through your mind and you allow it to be just that, a passing thought.
And then there are moments where you to tune in and realize that thought might me bigger than you and ought to be acted on.

In June a client of mine was diagnosed with a rare type of breast cancer.
She had a 12 week old baby girl Brooke, a 5 year old son Brady and husband Brett. This hit close to home for me because I myself was pregnant and couldn't image the agony of facing cancer with a newborn.
July 1st I woke up with my baby next to me thinking about Terri and what her day must be like and just as I was about to get up I thought "she is on my heart for a reason".
I emailed her with all I really have to offer- a photo shoot and you will read her message back to me below.
Sometime we hear a still small voice and when we allow it to be an action and not a thought, thats when God comes in.


"Krystle - tears are streaming down my face right now. I have had a yearning in my heart to get pictures...but we are not only in a health crisis but huge financial crisis as well. I didn't even pray about this because it was so far down my list right now...yet God knew my heart...why am I surprised at how much he cares for me!!!!! I also wanted to do pictures before I lost my hair...the doctors tell me it is necessary...I would love more then anything to have a family photo shoot, it would mean the world!!!!I can't wait to tell Brett!!!!! God is good!
-Terri

You can follow Terri's brave journey on her blog:
www.terrilacey.blogspot.com














2 comments:

  1. It's amazing what a difference we can make in the world if we truly use our talents and gifts for the Lord. Glad you listened to that still small voice. Thanks for sharing Krystle and I will keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystle,
    I am so unbelievably blessed by these pictures! I am sitting here weeping and weeping....the heart of my sister, brother in-law, nephew and niece lept off the images and touched me deeply! Thank you for loving Jesus and listening to His still small voice. His leadership over us is LOVE.
    Many blessings to you,
    Brenda Emmert, aka Terri's sister

    ReplyDelete